CL7204 SOFT COMPUTING TECHNIQUES SYLLABUS 2013 REGULATION
CL7204 SOFT COMPUTING TECHNIQUES L T P C 3 0 0 3
- To expose the concepts of feed forward neural networks.
- To provide adequate knowledge about feedback neural networks.
- To teach about the concept of fuzziness involved in various systems.
- To expose the ideas about genetic algorithm
- To provide adequate knowledge about of FLC and NN toolbox
UNIT I INTRODUCTION AND ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORKS 9
Introduction of soft computing – soft computing vs. hard computing- various types of soft computing techniques- applications of soft computing-Neuron- Nerve structure and synapse- Artificial Neuron and its model- activation functions- Neural network architecture- single layer and multilayer feed forward networks- McCullochPitts neuron model- perceptron model- Adaline and Madaline- multilayer perception model- back propogation learning methods- effect of learning rule coefficient -back propagation algorithm- factors affecting back propagation training- applications.
UNIT II ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORKS 9
Counter propagation network- architecture- functioning & characteristics of counter- Propagation network-Hopfield/ Recurrent network- configuration- stability constraints-associative memory- and characteristics- limitations and applications- Hopfield v/s Boltzman machine- Adaptive Resonance Theory- Architecture- classifications-Implementation and training-Associative Memory.
UNIT III FUZZY LOGIC SYSTEM 9
Introduction to crisp sets and fuzzy sets- basic fuzzy set operation and approximate reasoning. Introduction to fuzzy logic modeling and control- Fuzzification- inferencing and defuzzification- Fuzzy knowledge and rule bases-Fuzzy modeling and control schemes for nonlinear systems. Self organizing fuzzy logic control- Fuzzy logic control for nonlinear time delay system.
UNIT IV GENETIC ALGORITHM 9
Basic concept of Genetic algorithm and detail algorithmic steps-adjustment of free Parameters- Solution of typical control problems using genetic algorithm- Concept on some other search techniques like tabu search and ant colony search techniques for solving optimization problems.
UNIT V APPLICATIONS 9
GA application to power system optimization problem- Case studies: Identification and control of linear and nonlinear dynamic systems using Matlab-Neural Network toolbox. Stability analysis of Neural Network interconnection systems- Implementation of fuzzy logic controller using Matlab fuzzy logic toolbox-Stability analysis of fuzzy control systems.
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
- Laurene V. Fausett, Fundamentals of Neural Networks: Architectures, Algorithms And Applications, Pearson Education,
- Timothy J. Ross, “Fuzzy Logic with Engineering Applications” Wiley India.
- Zimmermann H.J. “Fuzzy set theory and its Applications” Springer international edition, 2011.
- David E.Goldberg, “Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, and Machine Learning”, Pearson Education, 2009.
- W.T.Miller, R.S.Sutton and P.J.Webrose, “Neural Networks for Control”, MIT Press, 1996.
CL7204 SOFT COMPUTING TECHNIQUES SYLLABUS 2013 REGULATION PDF Click Here To Download
STUDENT SEARCH BY