EE6201 CIRCUIT THEORY SYLLABUS REGULATION 2013
EE6201 CIRCUIT THEORY L T P C 3 1 0 4
- To introduce electric circuits and its analysis
- To impart knowledge on solving circuits using network theorems
- To introduce the phenomenon of resonance in coupled circuits.
- To educate on obtaining the transient response of circuits.
- To Phasor diagrams and analysis of three phase circuits
UNIT I BASIC CIRCUITS ANALYSIS 12
Ohm’s Law – Kirchoffs laws – DC and AC Circuits – Resistors in series and parallel circuits – Mesh current and node voltage method of analysis for D.C and A.C. circuits – Phasor Diagram – Power, Power Factor and Energy.
UNIT II NETWORK REDUCTION AND NETWORK THEOREMS FOR DC AND AC CIRCUITS 12
Network reduction: voltage and current division, source transformation – star delta conversion. Thevenins and Novton & Theorem – Superposition Theorem – Maximum power transfer theorem –Reciprocity Theorem.
UNIT III RESONANCE AND COUPLED CIRCUITS 12
Series and paralled resonance – their frequency response – Quality factor and Bandwidth – Self and mutual inductance – Coefficient of coupling – Tuned circuits – Single tuned circuits.
UNIT IV TRANSIENT RESPONSE FOR DC CIRCUITS 12
Transient response of RL, RC and RLC Circuits using Laplace transform for DC input and A.C. with sinusoidal input – Characterization of two port networks in terms of Z,Y and h parameters.
UNIT V THREE PHASE CIRCUITS 12
Three phase balanced / unbalanced voltage sources – analysis of three phase 3-wire and 4-wire circuits with star and delta connected loads, balanced & un balanced – phasor diagram of voltages and currents – power and power factor measurements in three phase circuits.
TOTAL : 60 PERIOD
- Ability analyse electrical circuits
- Ability to apply circuit theorems
- Ability to analyse AC and DC Circuits
- William H. Hayt Jr, Jack E. Kemmerly and Steven M. Durbin, “Engineering Circuits Analysis”, Tata McGraw Hill publishers, 6 th edition, New Delhi, 2003.
- Joseph A. Edminister, Mahmood Nahri, “Electric circuits”, Schaum’s series, Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi, 2001.
- Paranjothi SR, “Electric Circuits Analysis,” New Age International Ltd., New Delhi, 1996.
- Sudhakar A and Shyam Mohan SP, “Circuits and Network Analysis and Synthesis”, Tata McGrawHill, 2007.
- Chakrabati A, “Circuits Theory (Analysis and synthesis), Dhanpath Rai & Sons, New Delhi, 1999.
- Charles K. Alexander, Mathew N.O. Sadiku, “Fundamentals of Electric Circuits”, Second Edition, McGraw Hill, 2003.
EE6201 CIRCUIT THEORY SYLLABUS REGULATION 2013 – PDF