GE8074- HUMAN RIGHTS Syllabus 2017 Regulation
HUMAN RIGHTS Syllabus 2017 Regulation,GE8074-HUMAN RIGHTS Syllabus 2017 Regulation
GE8074 HUMAN RIGHTS L T P C 3 0 0 3
- To sensitize the Engineering students to various aspects of Human Rights.
UNIT I 9
Human Rights – Meaning, origin and Development. Notion and classification of Rights – Natural, Moral and Legal Rights. Civil and Political Rights, Economic, Social and Cultural Rights; collective / Solidarity Rights.
UNIT II 9
Evolution of the concept of Human Rights Magana carta – Geneva convention of 1864. Universal Declaration of Human Rights, 1948. Theories of Human Rights.
UNIT III 9
Theories and perspectives of UN Laws – UN Agencies to monitor and compliance.
UNIT IV 9
Human Rights in India – Constitutional Provisions / Guarantees.
UNIT V 9
Human Rights of Disadvantaged People – Women, Children, Displaced persons and Disabled persons, including Aged and HIV Infected People. Implementation of Human Rights – National and State Human Rights Commission – Judiciary – Role of NGO‘s, Media, Educational Institutions, Social Movements.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
- Engineering students will acquire the basic knowledge of human rights.
- Kapoor S.K., ―Human Rights under International law and Indian Laws, Central Law Agency, Allahabad, 2014.
- Chandra U., ―Human Rights, Allahabad Law Agency, Allahabad, 2014.
- Upendra Baxi, The Future of Human Rights, Oxford University Press, New Delhi.