MA7165 APPLIED PROBABILITY AND STATISTICS SYLLABUS 2013 REGULATION
MA7165 APPLIED PROBABILITY AND STATISTICS L T P C
3 1 0 4
- To introduce the concepts of probability, sampling techniques, estimation to the students.
- To train the students so that they will be able to design experiments and use these concepts for research.
UNIT I PROBABILITY THEORY 13
Random variables – probability density and distribution functions-moment generating and characteristic functions – Binomial, Poisson, Normal distributions and their applications.
UNIT II SAMPLING THEORY 13
Sampling distributions – Standard error – t, F, Chi square distributions – applications.
UNIT III ESTIMATION THEORY 6
Interval estimation for population mean, standard deviation, difference in means, preparation ratio of standard deviations and variances.
UNIT IV TESTING OF HYPOTHESIS AND ANOVA 8
Hypothesis testing – Small samples – Tests concerning proportion, means, standard deviations –Tests based on chi square – and Redistribution – test One, two factor models-Design of experiments.
UNIT V ANOVA 5
Design of experiments – One, Two factor Models
T = 15, TOTAL: 60 PERIODS
- Levin and Rubin, Statistics for Management, Pearson Education India, 2011
- John.E.Freunds, ―Mathematical statistics with applications‖, Pierson Education India, 2011
- Gupta and Kapoor, Fundamentals of Applied Statistics, Sultanchand, 2006.
- Hooda, Statistics for Business and Economics, Macmillan India, 2001
STUDENTS CAN ALSO SEARCH BY
MA7165 APPLIED PROBABILITY AND STATISTICS SYLLABUS,
MA7165 SYLLABUS 2013 REGULATION
MANUFACTURING Ist SEM SYLLABUS